Thursday, August 19, 2004

Evening with the boys

For some innane reasons, my life is surrounded with male friends ! I mean, I am not saying its a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all, in fact works much better, i don't hafta put up with all the swinging temperaments that all my girl friends seem to have. It has in more ways than one worked out for me as its a lot easier a relationship to maintain if your friend in a guy. Some of my best friends today are guys. But see, thats a topic which will require a whole new blog :-)

Went out last evening for din din with the seattle gang. Its fun hanging out with them..Din din at Chipotle mexican grill an daaru session at Tiny Biggs :-)
Chilled out evening, its been a while since I had that. But there was a nagging thought lingering in my head despite all my good radhika side trying to brush it away.
Imagining life sans these chilled evening out with the boys. Whether its seattle gang or b'lore gang or any other for that matter. I have all cross country shuttling male friends you see :-)
It was not such a nice thought. Somethings in life are important in more ways than one. Time out with certain set of people when you can just be yourself and do whatever you want to do. Its a question of that space you give yourself when you are away from your significant other so that your time with them is totally for both of you. Despite all the fun that you can and do have with them, doing things that you really want to do by yourself is so important and I realise that everytime when I am having fun with my other friends. Its only when you suddenly feel nice doing your own stuff that you realize that you must be really be missing doing these things. Which also makes me believe that a balance is so so important between your social life and personal life.
I am not saying I might lose any kind of freedom but yeah life will change a lot.

No comments: