Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blip blip..

T'is has been a busy busy time.. Hurrying to wrap up work. Excitement to get out of here. Its so funny come to think about it, I am always always so happy to go back. Just the thought of it keeps me going for weeks. Then why do I keep comin back you may wonder.. hmm I wonder too..
Thought that next 2 weeks will be great fun with all that vacation thrown in, but queer twist of fate and I end up working thru my so called break! I don't know how I do this, manage to screw up things just right. I had planned for this weeks even months ahead. A nice 2 weeks of break in Phoenix with hubby before heading back to a sabbatical back home.
All I am left with are 2 weekend trips we had planned way ahead (and thank god for that, otherwise would have ended up screwing up that too!) and thats it!
Drat!

Anyways, the good news is that I have realized the new series 'Related' is worth pursuing :) (remember I had been a proponent of that a few weeks ago :p) T'is has its moments..
Vot to do, I am a total sucker for these chick shows! :p
Also, I today declare openly that I am hooked to 'Gilmore Girls' ! Yes people, I admit, i was a closet watcher, but now i decide to come out in the open! Its really such a sharp and witty series I do not have words to describe it!

An ad thats been ticking me off on TV now a days is the e or online match making site, something called eHarmony or something.. It really irks me to see how hypocritical this country can be! One one hand you declare that you don't understand why or how an arranged marriage works and on the other hand, you actually go and enroll on these sites which has software to match profiles based on your likes/dislikes and opinions??!!
I mean, give me a break, at least in arranged marriages, its the elders or the parents who are doing the match making for you and beleive me I have a lot of faith in that whole mechanism! Here you have strangers and even softwares making that match for you and you are supposed to find a lifetime of bliss that way !
Arrggghh.. ticks me off to no extent..And going by how many of these have sprung and are popular let me add, goes to show the increasing number of singles desperate for some form of companionship. I am not saying it in a wrong way mind you, but why be two faced about it.

For whatever its worth, at least our ways have a base in some fundamentals and have worked for like zillions of years.. Hmmppfff..

I am sooo sooo badly waiting for the new Karan Johar movie.. Yes, people I like that trash.. I really do.. I am a total sucker for these feel good movies.. Will take that anyday over an oscar contender or all those so called thought provoking, intelligent movie nonsense... I like to have pure unadulterated bollywood masaala for 3 hours with good looking people (read shah rukh khan, abhishekh bachhan here), good costumes (read flowing sarees, ghagras an what not here), good songs, elaborate sets and locales and of course karan johar/yash chopra :))
Needless to say, as you could have guessed I belong to the minority who liked K3G, I completely enjoyed it.. :)

Ok, before this blog flows into further unchartered territories, lemme full shtop it.. so here .

No comments: