Monday, July 17, 2006

POTC-DMC :)

- Its not as good as the first one
- Its not as fast as the first one
- Its quite dissapointing especially Johnny Depp, he hasnt created the same magic

All these and more such feedback for Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest.. Considering that I wanted to see the movie the day it released or even the midnight show if possible, you can guess how excited I have been about the movie.

Unfortunately could not see it till about 10 days post the release! Believe me it was not for the lack of trying. Went to the theatre twice and could not get tickets so I guess I just said maybe I am not meant to see it here.
Ah, in Phoenix now, blissfully at home. Feeling a little happy and a little restless (ha a seperate post for that). So went for the late evening show yesterday.

I loved it.. I really did. I promised myself I will not make the mistake of comparing it to the first one at any point unless for any story continuity. And that helps believe me. Johny Depp is magnificient. Even if his role in this one did not have the depth like the first one. (Ok am not comparing, am just stating the fact :p) I think thats also because in the first movies you always seen the main characters introduced in a grandiose manner. But by now, we are already familiar with all of them and most importantly Captain Jack Sparrow ! So we can go on with the story really..

The visuals are stunning! The whole flying dutchmen imagery is so awesome I cannot begin to describe it..This one story wise is a little more slower but thats not such a bad thing. Its got more emotional dialogues, more guilt tripping and more kisses ha! Its funny nonetheless and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Forget the first part and just give yourself in to the adventure called Captain Jack sparrow. He does not let you down. He's quirky as ever and still sooo adorable!

I came out of the theatre wanting more and more than anything else wanting to see the 3rd part of it !! Damn thats gonne be a real adventure!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Agree with u 100 %. Depp is magnificnet in the movie ... I forget , does he get a lip to lip with keira in curse of the black pearl ?

Part 3 is going to be wild , as they gonna rescue jack sparrow or u never know with Pirates ...

sisyphus said...

ding dong. so i see you're missing seattle. phoenix just not cutting it? :)
and ... i've restarted da blogging.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I disagree with you completely. :)