Monday, December 03, 2007

Pissed!

Ok, I am officially pissed now! This is the second time this has happened.

I usually catch up on new authors (not really newbie authors but new in the context of my static tastes) whenever I travel. Airports are the best places to pick up authors (that sounded much better in my head :P) you haven't tried before and who you will find quite dissuaded to try if you are at Borders or Landmark, simply coz they have too many books there and filtering is a frustrating process!
Anyways, so I religiously try new authors whenever I travel, light weight enough for airline or hotel reading. Sometimes I do well and find authors who are brilliant and sometimes, well.. just your average read and leave behind types....

About 2 years ago, I hit gold with this author named Harlan Coben. He writes what I can now say, is my favourite type of fiction. The speedy, racy thrillers that are just sooo addictive. So, i managed to pick up a few while I was travelling and told myself when I go back, I am gonna pick up the entire collection from Blossom's (the go-to book store in bangalore!)

So, imagine my irritation when I got back and found that apparently hes become the novelist of the season and all the books are sold out!! I mean why! Why did everybody have to get fascinated by him the same time I did :P

Anyways, it took me a good year and a half to collect all of his books where as it would normally take me about 6 months to go thru what about - 10 odd books written by him so far.. !

This time around I decided to try the duo novelist team- Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (yes, I know a lot of you may hum and say what! You read this like now?? Haven't you seen Relic? ). But yes. I decided to try them out only like now! And I loved it. A couple of them are really scary too (if you dont believe me, try reading 'Still life with Crows' all alone in a hotel room! Goosebumps! )
But they are those racy thrillers that just grab you by the gut and you can't put them down!

So, again decided to grab all possible copies from Blossoms after I head back and guess what!! They are all sold out.. Yes, extremely coincidental and vexing you may say but thats not all..

I go to Landmark which is like the biggest bookshop chain ever and guess what- they had just 1 copy of exactly 1 book of theirs, rest- sold out! Well.. I did pick that up in case you are wondering :)

Anyhoo.. to fast forward to today morning when I am very confident I can find the books online (Fabmall/ Indiaplaza). Book search and 10 mins later guess what - ALL sold out!!

I am soooo pissed I tell you!

1 comment:

ugly orchid said...

actually the rest of us are pissed cos you havent blogged in ages.

we're sooo pissed i tell you!