Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Unfamiliar experiences.

No matter how much you think things will be manageable and of course you will get used to it, the first steps are always difficult. I guess the very reason why we even think - Oh how difficult can that be, is either because you haven't been in that situation ever before or you have been in the similiar situation so many zillion years ago that you don't even remember how hard it was in the first place.

I think I am going thru a multitude of such feelings, a certain separation anxiety about leaving a work place I have literally called a second home for the last 8 and a half years, a sense of confusion and chaos regarding a new work place- which not only is chaotic in nature/culture but its also breeds a culture of extreme self sustenance.

Its probably not as bad as I imagine it to be, So I guess its the fatalist/pessimist in me making rash impressions as usual :). I really need to learn to adapt better, I have never been good with any kind of change in life, whether it was routine, pattern or even people around me. I always tend to cling on...

Anyhoo, on a slightly brighter note, my new apartment is finally ready for occupation !! Yippeee.. After 5 hard months of persuations and negotiations, its finally in a livable and hospitable state. Of course, there is still a long way to go before it looks lived in or for that matter before I unpack too :p (I had bloody 10 suitcases and 10 cartons of stuff!!). Till then getting used to yet another un familiar experience of living in my 'OWN' house. Its definitely a high to see each and every bit of square footage bought by you and with things bought by you. Its definitely not a feeling I am used to , but its definitely something I can get used to :))

Will be posting snaps soon :))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats on the house and job..

and all the best sweetheart ..

it has been sooo long .. i am calling u soon