Friday, February 10, 2006

Pareshaan

The last post spurned quite a few debates. Which was completely not the intention btw, just that I guess it really was extreme and pinched somewhere. Also challenged a few people's movie tastes and conscience.. Anyways a lots been said and discussed..
Somebody said that 'what struck them the most in the movie is that it makes you think', while someone said 'the movie asks questions to those who do not need to answer it', someone agreed , while some agreed to disagree. :)
Somehow its been about a week and I am still not warming up to the movie as much I would like to.. I keep telling myself the parallel theme in color and sepia was interesting, the stark contrast between the racing in jeeps junta and the simling patriots was quite a contrast, the performances were good and the seed of an idea about what pushes the so called normal people into extremism is definitely interesting.. But..
Alas .. there is always a but right.. I am not able to . (warm up to the movie that is).
I still find it extremely difficult to believe that it inspired people to think, about what I wonder..
I still find it difficult to believe that we think certain issues are only pertinent to a certain socio economic class of people. How is that even possible?
Anyways.. Just want to say that I do not personally want to questions anybody's judgement on liking the movie nor wish to debate about the basic idea/morale/rationale or whatever behind the movie...

So long!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

All i will say is

http://hari-iyer.blogspot.com/2006/02/face-nation.html