Friday, January 19, 2007

Blip...

I am a bundle of contradictions ..

There, i said it ! I think if i were to ever go on a talk show an be asked to describe myself in one sentence, thats what it would be...

that I am a bundle of contradictions...

I have consciously tried to avoid facing up to that teensy weensy bit of a fact but what the heck, its the start of a new year an all that.. Might as well face it....

so, keeping in trend with that, I put down things that i miss/missed from my so called housewife-y days... (I swear, i never imagined myself ever writing this, even now i attribute this to the wine :p)

a. The ever so often trip to the gelato place late in the evening or night. The gelato's rocked!
b. The dedication with which I used to cook every single afternoon. I mean, stuff to make my mum proud.. and you don't know the extent of dedication you need to go into to make my mum proud! I don't think i ever repeated anything during an entire week.. wow....(ps: I don't so much as cook once a week even now)
c. Hubs coming home for lunch every single day and to see him eat a proper meal instead of all that salad nonsense.
d. The daily ritual and cliche of kissing him good bye with a 'try an come home early today' !
e. The walks every other day at the park just coz we missed going to the gym :)
f. Afternoon siestas ! Damn how can i forget that.. Luvvvvvvvved 'em ! Thats probably the one single factor which resulted in those extra 15 pounds that I am packing.. But man, what a pleasure to sleep in the afternoon.. awesome!!!
g. The weekly cooking ritual of making either a sweet dish or a chutney. Boy, I miss that.. Its used to be that one single event i could empathize with mums back home. The weekly chutney/pickle or the sweet/baked dish.. I used to religiously make something or the other every week. sighhhh i made my mum so proud...
h. The fact that I had so much time to moisturize, slap on a face pack, just simply pamper myself thru the day.. Boy.. I miss that....
i. Catching up on all my online reading..I keep sneaking in time frm work to do that but it just doesn't add up...
j. The ever so regular voice chats with all my buddies from around the world.. It just doesn't happen anymore :(
k. Last but not the least, the fact that I could really get up at noon if i wanted to :) every single day mind you :)))

No comments: