Sunday, December 06, 2009

It happens only in India !

Our office has this strange rule of checking people's laptop bags in the morning as you enter the premises. Its strange for reasons ranging from the fact that the security has no clue what they are really looking for, to that most companies that I know frisk people when they leave the premises not while entering :)) So its more like we don't care what you carry out of here, but just be careful of what u r getting in :P
Of course they started this tradition after the bangalore bomb blasts incidents sometime back. Now, I think somewhere the security team kinda lost track of what was the original intention, with security guard looking at my small hand sanitizer bottle and asking me "what ees this madam ?". I mean what did they really think it was ??

Anyhoo I digress... Soo, as gender sensitive the company is, we have female security guards as well.. This sweet lady today morning while doing her monotonous chore of opening my lappy bag and taking a peek inside, thought it was totally ok for her to give me health tips :)
Opens my bag and instead of looking into the bag, looks at my ever growing tummy and tells me that I should drink a glass of warm water with salt in the night before sleeping !! (!!).
Aside from the fact that I don't think she even looked at the insides of my bag, zip off - zip on, the tip didnt make much sense either. :p
But as I am slowly begining to get used to these random happenings now a days, I graciously thank her for the tip and proceed to the elevator ...

No comments: