Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Schedule for the sake of posterity...

7 am - a very tired and groggy mom hands over Viv to his grandmom. Fresh and rejuvenated grandmom looks at the fresh and rejuvenated grandson and love is in the air.. she coos at him saying where is my sweetie grandson..the next 2 hrs are a blur as yours truly desperatly catches a quick 2 hrs nap. I have been told that he is very cheerful during that time and poops.
9 am - a very hassled grandmom wakes up the mom - heres your son, hes hungry ! (i don't fail to notice how quickly it has changed from my grandson to your son !!)
9.30 am - feeding over but baby not able to sleep
10 am - after much rocking, a little sleep looks imminent
10.30 am - Viv sleeps finally (if I wasnt so tired would jump in joy). Yours truly wonders if she can also catch a quick nap with Viv but dreams are shattered when my mom yells for me to get up to finish all chores b4 Viv wakes up again
11 am - finally managed to brush and have coffee. Viv stirs in his sleep and I am praying with all my fingers crossed. Pat him back to sleep for 20 mins.
11.30 am - mom points out that she has already heated up breakfast twice by now which i quickly gobble up just to cut short that conversation !
12 pm - sterilization process for all Viv's stuff
12.15 pm - Viv has dirtied his diaper and screams for me to get going.
12.30 pm - Feed him but no point trying to make him sleep now, he is fully awake, put him in his crib in the living room. Viv is chewing his hands
1 pm - his great grandfather visits and is promptly awarded a smile
1.30 pm - diaper change
1.45 pm - my mom's gives me a lectre about how i suck at time management and how it is lunch time and I have neither had lunch and nor made Viv sleep.. i slowly realize how hungry I am..
2 pm - feed and rock him to sleep
2.30 - finally sit for lunch, mom is still glaring at me..
3 pm - make a bottle for Viv and decide to check emails
3.30 pm - Viv threatens to wake up again, mom's yelling at me for not sleeping with him and I am getting beaten in mafia wars on facebook. my cup runeth over ! i promptly pat him baq to sleep and catch a nap myself
4.30 - Viv air boxes me to indicate that he's hungry and i have to get up to feed him and change him
5 pm - all fresh Viv decides to look around, is put in his crib in the living room where he stares at the curtains first and then the fan..I manage to shower.
6 pm - Viv is slightly tired with all the staring and just when i decide to change the screnery for him he poops.
6.30 pm - feed and diaper change (again !)
6.45 pm - dozes off in my lap much to my annoyance and i dont want him to sleep in the evening
7.30 pm - diaper change and time for his oil bath. oil massage commences for 15 mins.. he likes the idea of a spa immensely :D
8 pm - bath time and massage with johnsons bedtime lotion (which is my pathetic attempt to make him feel sleepy !)
8.30 pm - lights are off, lullabies are sung and the baby dozes off.
9 pm - dinner in the house begins
9.30 pm - Viv wakes up for a diaper change. I feel like kicking P&G, whats the point of a diaper if the baby can actually scream for changing it !! I jump to it in the middle of my dinner
10 pm - i resume my dinner while his dad takes after the baby entertainment
10.30 pm - feeding over but no sign of sleep
11 pm - the dad is feeling sleepy by now and is threatening to hand over the baby to me.. by then having chatted with whoever is online and jumped a few levels at mafia wars, i am tempted to hand over the non sleeping baby back to the hospital.
11.30 pm - Viv no sleep, the dad is asleep, the granny is asleep. Only nocturnal creatures are awake - Viv , his mom and his uncle.
11.45 pm - Viv hollers and i have no idea why.. try to feed him, burp him, rock him, pat him, switch the AC on, reduce the temp, change hands, change rooms.. no effect.. give colic drops.. some relief
12 am - too tired and hand over Viv to Rahul.
12.15 am - sterlize stuff like a mad woman, make a bottle for Viv
12.30 am - diaper change
1 am - finally some signs of sleep, rocking helps.
3 am - Viv kicks to indicate that hes hungry.. feed, change diapers
3.30 am - baby sleeps again, mom is fully awake
6 am - dad wakes to go for a shower, wakes me up with all the noise..
6.15 am - Viv decides why should he be left behind and wakes up for a feed. feed and change diaper.
6.45 am - seems to doze off..
7 am - false alarm, no sleep.. i finally take him out and hand him over to my mom..

2 comments:

Manchus said...

Wow!! typical day of a First time Lazy Mom (count me in!!) very well depicted. My Mom used to say the same words, instead of Mafia wars it was just emails and chat.

Isn't it strange that Baby decides to poop right when the Mommy is sitting down for lunch or dinner, so that Mommy has to get up in between???

Rads said...

Exactly ! My mom had told me about it, but i didnt believe her ! Only when Viv does it every single time now i am a staunch believer that babies always poop when moms sit for lunch or dinner ! some sixth sense i suppose :D