Thursday, March 04, 2010

Thank god for small mercies

It took 5 weeks for the exhaustion and irritation to set it. Sleep depravation came in early but decided to wait out for the other 2 to join before acting out !

Viv has been bawling quite without reason now a days. It takes the entire house (which is saying a lot coz I have my mom, bro, hubby, grandpa and grandma all at home!), to soothe him sometimes, even changing hands every 10 mins.. On my part, i frustratingly carry out the entire rigmarole of going thru all the possibilities - feed, burp, swaddle, unswaddle, cool the room, warm the room, sing, rock, bathe and finally when nothing works, i decide its colic and give him his colic drops.. It takes about an hour but at the end he does kinda dozes off, but the awful thing is that we still have no clue why he was bawling and what worked ! damn !

I am also sick and tired of hearing about babies who weren't like him or babies who were worse.. I know i know, I am at short fuse nowadays.. But believe me, its damn irritating when friends just say that ya babies are like this only, you just have to wait it out.. I agree but thats not to say i don't find that annoying... Plus its not like i like them giving advices as well.. yes, I am a complicated personality now and nothing seems to please me :))

I also find myself complaining quite a bit nowadays about how tough its become to soothe Viv and how sleep depraved I am.. But I want to stop doing that and for once thank god for other small things that I definitely have to thank for.. Apparently things will ease out when hes about 3 months old, so whats that compared to an entire lifetime, isn't it ? (bigger picture, helloo !)

So, here goes:

1. I am really glad that Viv is not fussy about being held by others, if he had clung just to me or was fussy about being held only by me, it would have driven me insane by now..
2. I am really glad that Viv is also not fussy about being fed in a bottle. The pump is my best friend now and gives me some hours of peace of mind..
3. I am really thankful for the fact that when he is damn sleepy, he will sleep with whoever is holding him and however hes being held.
4. I am really glad that we at least have a bathing routine in the night that sort of set and there are hardly any deviations there.
5. I am really thankful for the fact that even though its just been 5 weeks, he has let me go out on several occassions for shopping, for a nice birthday dinner and a few get togethers with friends :)
6. I am glad that he is growing well and even smiles at us sometimes :)

So, there ... in perspective, many things to be glad about..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bravo kiddo ...

ur mom is like that only .... don't worry .. but she is kinda great also ... u will learn to live in peace with her soon ! :)