Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Key

to a good and healthy life:

Keep away from people who bring out the worst in you

After a a lot of retrospection while travelling to and fro to work, I have realized 2 things:

a. Consistency is highly overrated. Suffice to say that its an non existent quality in my life :-) I mean, its not even like a bad thing, i really enjoy being not so predictable and not do things that everybody around me does or wants me to do; at the same time allowing me to be my quirky self.

b. Almost an extension of the above - I am very different when dealing with different people.

There are some people who are these set in their ways kind of people and I am just not one of them. These are people who are always either just 'nice' or 'not so nice' with everybody. There are also people who change their attitude or behavior depending on the audience or recipient of their attention. These are the chameleon types. This type is not to be confused with what I am talking about. These are highly talented people and personally I believe that you need a lot of patience and tolerance to be like this simply because not everybody even deserves that kind of attention and time !

I have a simple theory in life which I think i have improvised over time. If you are not in my inner circle then I don't really care much. Well, the extent of how much do I really care is what is the whole point here. For people in my inner circle, which by the way off late is a dwindling number :-))), I am and will always be Rads who is and will always be there. But talk about the rest of the world and thats where things get complicated. I am usually a nice person and find it very difficult to be rude to people, I would rather be indifferent than be rude and believe me being indifferent comes very easily to me ! :p

But in last one year I have seen myself swinging extremely between being cold, indifferent and bordering on nasty. Now, looking back and seeing myself like that, I figure that, its so not like me to do such things. People who have grown up with me or who go back to almost 10 years will tell you that the worst quality probably in me is to give someone the cold shoulder. But I have personally seen myself being nasty to people and I was wondering why.

On the same note, I also realize that almost 2 seconds after being nasty to someone I can be extremely warm to someone else and these are not behavioral things, I mean warm in a heartfelt way. So, I have just concluded that there are just some people who bring out the worst in you. Some may say its almost an escapist statement because you are basically dumping all your faults at someone else and labelling it as theirs. But frankly I realize that farther I am from certain people, the better I am as a person !
No, serious.. You should probably try this out. I did, I went ahead to filter out qualities that I really find it hard to be tolerant about and people who have those so much that irks me. To give you examples like umm.. People hmm slow on the uptake, people who always play safe, people who go about carrying a personal scale to measure everybody and people who are plain and simple Stupid. Avoid those people and Voila ! You are a better person already !!

No comments: