Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Venting venting

I officially declare koromangla unfit for civil living !

Been house hunting for last one week and the results brings tears to my eyes. There hasn't even been a single place worth considering. Not only is the real estate soaring beyond belief, the places being offered are despicable !
Ok, and thats just a part of my grievances, the other major one being absolutely bad roads or rather simply put, lack of roads ! You cannot find 2 roads in a sequence (whichever direction you might want to take) which are even in a decent condition. In fact I remotely remember there being a road opposite my office about an year ago. Now there is just dug up mud and 2 cranes standing there. I mean, there is no road there anymore :p

And unfortunately I am not sure if I can even say the situation will get better ! They say every day there are 200 new people who move to bangalore. I am not sure how true this is but even if it is 10% true, its quite alarming. From a quiet town for retired senior citizens as it used to be known about 10 years ago, it has become a totally different place today.
It saddens me to see this town really going down the drains like this. With the IT giants declaring Bangalore unfit for any new developments and talks of buying 200 acres of lands in Mangalore and Mysore respectively for all furture prospects, its certainly bad news.

No comments: