Thursday, February 10, 2005

26

Yup, thats the number :-) Turned 26 this wednesday.
It hadn't struck me till today that I have actually moved to the next slot in all age drop downs :p
Was filling out some online form today and realized I can no longer select 20-25 option any more :-))
To top it all my manager wanted me to update my resume and stretch the no. of years of experience bit a bit (ya, they do this often here :p ) So he goes like this

he: So, how many years of experience have you put in?
me: 5+
he: Can you strech it a bit?
me: 5 1/2? (smirk!)
he: Lets make it 6

He leaves and it strikes me that its not even an exxageration, this actually is my 6th year in this organization !
Maybe, it was not my imagination when some campus recruits last week called me 'madam' !
This friend of mine takes immense pleasure in rubbing it in that my life for all practical purposes is over, I am past quarter century, married and bought a house! Really, nothing left. In fact he called me up at 12 sharp on my birthday and goes "Happy Birthday dearie, so how does it feel to be 36??" !!
Hari, will kill you one of these days :-)))

4 comments:

lucidness said...

Im turning 26 in 2 days- know exactly how smutty it feels to have to shift to a new checkbox on every bloody form :p Re: the new friends every season.. an aquarian thing?

Rajesh J Advani said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

http://www.sulekha.com/weblogs/weblogdesc.asp?cid=16973

The Femoral Vein said...

Belated Happy Birthday!So that leaves just 4 more years for thirty.....

Anonymous said...

cool...nice to have a "dekko" .....
into ur life thru ur blog...
like it..
wish u happy birthday ..happy birthday..twice...
one for 2005 other for 2006...