Monday, February 14, 2005

ps: I miss you


Woken up at about 8-ish in the morning (much to my chagrin), leo sayers crooning 'love you more than i can say'. First thought that comes to my head is- 'why has this person called me and then put me on hold?' !! I actually hang up !!
Ok, so thats my romance quotient for you folks!
Hubby dear calls me back this time and is careful enough to say hello after about 2 seconds of playing the song again cautiously :-)
Thats him, my ever romantic hubby :-)

My being almost quite non-romatically inclined doesn't deter him in anyway whatsoever. He's the kind who doesn't need an excuse or any special day to make me feel special. He laps any day, any event to make me feel completely cherished, be it with words or with numerous teeny weeny gifts he manages to pick and weave words around them to create magic !

This post is for him, for all that he has brought to my life and for all those thoughtful things he keeps doing.

Its mush an more mush all around today, FM blaring love songs since morning and people messaging to proclaim their love for each other. Look back at the time when this day was all about excitement, gifts, flowers, chocolates and not to mention those cliche teddy bears. Its not anymore :-) I think about all the messages that were read out on FM and think about all the people out there in love.

I wonder (a-la dil to pagal hai shahrukh khan)- how many of these will actually say the same thing next year to the same person. Call me cynical but this world is, in a way, quite cynicism evoking place :-) I think back on all those times when I might have heard this being said to me. But today, after all these years, I can completely truthfully and wholeheartedly say that I can actually feel it when hubby tells me he loves me..

Its not about the fun part in a relationship (which is important in its own way and is very appealing), its not about how similiar you are, its not about how much you feel you love the person, its not about what your friends say about him.But..

It is all about that sense of stability the person inspires in you,
its about how cherished the person makes you feel,
its about that hand over your shoulder when you suddenly felt alone,
its about that look in the eye which says- don't worry, I'll take care of it,
its about getting up at dawn to finish your personal/official work so that the whole day can be spent with the person you feel deserves that time of yours,
its about trusting someone in complete faith when you are oceans apart,
its about letting go when you can see that something is really important for the other person even if it means a little compromise on your part,
its about putting the other person's happiness before yours and taking comfort in the fact that in reality you are most happy when the other person is and not just on being able to do what you wanted to,
its about waking up together and knowing that each day will be better than the other,
its about the twang in your heart when the person is dissapointed about something and wishing you could give the world to him,
its about collective decisions, collective happiness, collective grief and that moment of realization where you figure that from now on its "We" and never "I"....

For all this and more, sweetie I thank you...

ps: and will try and forgive you for your parting words to my mum the day before we left for the wedding - "Aunty, don't worry, she is no longer your 'Problem'" !!!!

.......and the fact that you are like zillion miles away right now !!

5 comments:

Rajesh J Advani said...

Beautiful thoughts :)

And Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Ardra said...

Hi Rads!
Nice to c u here...
can relate to everything u say..but unlike u, I'm a romantic...and goes without saying hubby dear is not!

and that ps of u'rs reminded me of my hubby's parting lines to my dad after leaving me at my parents place for the hols:
" please bear with her until the hols get over, and then I'll come to fetch her back"....

and hoping that u're reunited with your hubby at the earliest..

regards
ardra

Rads said...

Thanks everybody! It was wonderful reading all the lovely comments and hope you all enjoyed the vday with your special someone :-)
... or even otherwise just had a blast :p :p

buckwaasur said...

hey nice blog rads...and lol @ the postscript...how many months did he end up sleeping on the couch for that statement? :-P

asuph said...

Gosh,

There is as much mush that I can take in a day ;-). But today seems different. Welcome rads, this place needed some fresh air, and I already see lots of it. Beautifully written, and do keep coming back. And if I'm not writing a long comment, it's just because I'm almost at the end of a commenting spree.

-asuph.