Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Sulekha

There have been times off late when I have really not liked sulekha ! Mainly coz of the quality of stuff being put there, attitude of people posting anything there an the kind of material put up there among other things.
But sometimes on days like today, ran across 2 blogs which really touched my heart for whatever reasons and I realized that these kind of posts can only be blogged in a forum like sulekha and there is a reason it’s become the way it is. I mean, I used to think that (maybe still do) people take it as a forum to vent their frustration and heartbreaks which is partially the reason I knocked off my srticles from there. But read articles by Fizo an Meetu today and was wondering where else do u find people who want to share their most personal feeling and not really vent anything because maybe they r not bitter about it. I don't know how to explain.. Hmm...
But something in both those 2 blogs really touched my heart strings today.

3 comments:

Rajesh J Advani said...

I disagree a bit on the "want to share their most personal feeling and not really vent anything" bit, coz even if they are not bitter, they definitely didn't sound completely okay with the situation either. It's like telling yourself and everyone you know that you're okay, coz you want to believe it, and not because it's true.

Specially, Meetu. The way she ends her blog with "I'm really really very happy for him". She's only trying to convince herself.

Surely you're my angel,
You're my darlin' angel,
closer than my peeps you are to me... baby...
What was that for? :) Just felt like singing :D

Rads said...

You know actually given whatever the situation, its not easy to be completely ok with anything. I mean, after all we are all humans and we do retain a lot of emotions even if the relations don't exist anymore. So sometimes, saying things out loud, whether to yourself or to others help moving on. I am saying this coz I know. I have done that myself time and time again. Its not completely true about just convincing yourself part, may or may not be true. Even if it is what the heck. Its only natural.
I believe that the shortest possible route to healing thyself after a heartbreak is to cultivate that craving for happiness. There is a whole lot of negative feeling one way or the other and it is soo not easy to forgive and forget. You really need to see yourself happy again and want that for yourself. So, in order to do that, people take different routes to get there. Some talk to close friends, some move to new places make new friends, some do drastic things and some blog :-)
You need not be really really happy and contented at heart, I am sure Meetu was not 100% happy when she wrote that but what I am saying is that at least there is no bitterness an that is a good thing and difficult to come by.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You should probably listen to the song "I never really loved you anyway,..." by Corrs.