Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Not liking the day

I am supposed to like today. Hubby visiting and all that excitement but somehow it hasnt been a good day. Work wise and otherwise.
There is just too much work. My lead asking me to push it for this week but I can't bring myself to tell him I can't coz hubby's just here for 3 days and I am not even sure when I am gonna see him next :-((
Plus lot of background thought process happening in my head which i don't like. Well, I guess i like it when its something nice but today its just nasty.
Given an option between Forgive and Forget or Let them go to hell, what do you really choose ? hmmmm...
It is a tricky choice i mean !
I could be a nice person and be civil. But is that required ? Should I be the bigger person I always think I should be and just move on?
Do i really care ? Does it matter ?

It like this eternal tug between what really matters and what you would like to be.

I am not liking the tone of this particular convo I am having. Its a weird state between ol times an I am in a different place now time.
Ok, now i am not even making sense anymore !! Good god. Whats happening to me??!!

Aaaargggghhhh. And you know whats infuriating? There is nobody to talk to. As in there are lots of people I could talk to but not one, get this, not One, i would like to talk to about this.

Am I weird or what!?

How do you really transgress from sweet understanding girl to the cold calculative b-i-t-c-h. And believe me, a part of me actually wants to be one..

I dont want to be sweet! I dont want to be understanding! I just want to rip somebody apart and not stop for a second to think where the person might be coming from.

Really, whats the whole hype about 'understanding where the person is coming from, step into someone else's shoes' blah blah blah !! Really do you want to do that all the times?

Aren't there just times when you choose not to do that and just wish somebody would just take a flying leap.

I am supposed to grow up an be wiser with age. How? How?

5 comments:

El enigma said...

lol, rads....I can almost swear I was thinking about half of those things a couple of days ago.....but today it's different.....I think between forgive, and forget and let them go to hell....I just chose 'let them go to hell', that's why....hmmmmmm, on second thots, I think it's because of the weather....u don't have 70 degrees just like that in a mercilesslly cold town, now do u? :)

so, don't worry....borrow the generously offered hammer from our-good-old-buddy-ssm .......slam it on someone's head....and move along ;) tomorrow will be a nicer, brighter day for sure....

enig!

void said...

Given an option between Forgive and Forget or Let them go to hell, what do you really choose ?

.. am assuming this is a rhetorical question, but I'll bite anyway.. For me it depends how close I was to the person. If it was just a friend, then its strictly forgive and forget.. If it was anything more, then I wont forgive and I wont forget.

I loathe and despise the whole being-friends-after-breakup act...

thoughtraker said...

i have a pretty good 'understanding where the person is coming from'! :D

every time i've ripped someone apart, i've agonized about it endlessly later.

now i feel it's just not worth it. be true to urself - if being nice is what u genuinely are, then just be nice and channel ur frustration away into something more constructive. there are too few people in this world who are nice anyway.

buckwaasur said...

bitch away to glory...being nice is overrated anyways, not to mention boooring...:-))

Rajesh J Advani said...

Wow. She's in a bad mood, for sure.

When it comes to trying to forgive and forget, it's quite easy to *itch about them instead. :)

But there's a technique I've found quite therapeutic. Though you have to borrow from some reaaally nasty horror movie you might have seen (if you could keep you head out of the blanket when you watched it).

So, the technique is to perform excruciating torture on the problem person, in your head.

When you're done with them, you can actually feel sorry for them. So forgiveness comes easier :)