Monday, April 11, 2005

a small note

Hi Dear,

Its not often that you tell people how much they mean to you. But thats not right is it ? We don't need those special occasions, those crisis situations, those mid night calls to realize some people's significance in your life. But yes, life is sometimes too racy for your own good. Its too self absorbing and throws more things at you than you can probably grapple at one time. There are time I admit when you lose sight of things, even if they are closer to your heart than you can actually imagine.
You are one of those people in my lives. There are times when you need reminders, as much as i dislike to say that. Today it was an amalgamation of 2 things which just happened by chance. Reading 't'is tea-time folks' and almost at the same instant my real player picked up 'khamosh raat' in a random play :-)

It was a whirlwind of memories flashing before my eyes..Times of joy, times when new friends were made, times when as you said social bearing sent to wind, times when impromptu fun was the order of the day, times when having fun was a way of life, times of heartbreaks, times of stolen joys, times which brought people together for some reason, reasons which even today are beyond my realm of comprehension :-)

Looking back I can think of umpteen times when you probably needed someone but I was too busy. Too busy with work, too busy with hubby, too busy with other friends, too busy with about a hundred other things. For all this and more I apologize. I know you will probably never admit being lonely and needing a friend beside you. I know you like to pretend to be all in control an strong an all that jazz. But you know as well as I do that its all self preservation tactic. :-)

I know that you know deep down that you can just pick up the phone and call me day or night. But I also know that you will never do it. I know you will always think twice before asking me for my time now. I just want to tell you that the day I realize that i don't have time for you anymore is the day i give up on myself as a friend and i promise that will not happen!

As much as it pains to think that, we progress in life and we lose sight of so many things in life which are so important to us, there are things (thankgod for soft copies!) that gives us a small chance to regain/restore things. I am going to assume you don't mind me quoting something from 'tea time':

"
You may pick up the phone, briefly wonder, and put the receiver down without calling: ‘She’s not alone anymore and may not be that eager to drop in to make Saturday lunch for us while I use the handy-cam on her’. We will soon prefer letting down ‘a fling of a wish’ in the interest of social stability.


Sometimes, I feel that it is not fair on the human mind to grapple with so much nostalgia. To handle so much pain. It is so much better to simply carry on without having to bother about the past. But what good is that, I wonder? What does it give us from life? Do we really long for simple peace and sanity or does the slightly-unpredictable excite us? Don’t we love the feeling of being swept off our feet into the clouds? An impulsive move that could take us places? It is for each one of us to decide, each one of us to figure what we really, truly want. For one must never forget – we only have one life to live.



But wherever life takes us hence, we all know that we have deliriously enjoyed these years which we have spent together. I am certain that deep in our hearts we will treasure these times for a long, long time - as times spent with friends and beyond, times where we discovered so much more of ourselves and life itself, times spent in togetherness and learning and love…



But they say that we should not put our arms around a memory and we must listen to them - we must move on."


Thanks KPB for everything you bring to my life just being there as one of my best-est friend :-)

No comments: