Sunday, October 23, 2005

Eragon

Currently reading the above mentioned book by this author Christopher Paolini, who apparently wrote the book at the age of 15.

Its been interesting so far. Has shades of LOTR, HP and some other books based on magic and fantasy. I guess with that as a central theme , therez bound to be a similiarity!

Its a well written book about this young boy and his dragon. I personally feel that the author has based the central character on himself (don't ask me why, just think so..) Its not exactly rivetting but then again even LOTR was not.. I remember reading that book much before the movies came out, all 3 parts in one book mind you! It took a lot of deliberation and weeks to get thru that. Not that it was not interesting, the sheer writing was amazing and I loved every bit of the fantasy and the idea of this whole new world (or old world?) picture! I am a tolkien fan...

I had also ventuerd to read this other book by Jonathan Stroud which was again based on magic, The amulet of Samarkhand.. I think i derive some goulish pleasure in readin about magic an stuff, really!

So, anyways coming back to this new book, I think its a good read if you are really into the ancient lore, scrolls, magic, dragons etc etc.. Its fun, has all those proper ingredients for both children and adults..

All in all an interesting read :)

No comments: