Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Thank god for small mercies

Thinking about all the ways in which I find my life blessed (yes, I am doing that often now a days so that I don’t hafta start chewing my hair soon :p), I realize I have a lot to be thankful for.

Thank god for a childhood that was both different and a lesson in parenting. If not for that, I would probably not have a list of thing ‘not to do’ when I have my own kids ;). Kidding but more importantly, I know for sure what is important and what can be left out without traumatizing the kid!

Thank god for fair weather friends, without whom I would never have come up with this inner circle of people I have now. I would have gone ahead in life believing that life’s all about where we all go out, what we wear and what we do with spare time, as friends.

Thank god for all the men in my life, without whom I would be so lost in this otherwise screwed up world. I would never have realized what a boon it is to have guys as best friends! Guys rock! Especially all ones in my life :)

Thank god for the pain of heartbreak, without which I probably would not have realized what I give to any relationship. If not for that, I would never have known love in all its forms. I would never have seen the bigger picture. And more importantly, never would have recognized a good man when he came along!

Thank god for all the passion I seem to have for inane things in life, whether its making cocktails, whether its cooking, whether its shopping, making plans, going on trips with friends, playing a hostess, music, and much more.. If not for that passion, I would be so so shallow..

So… Thank you!

1 comment:

Faith said...

This was soo beautiful♥
God Bless you, and all the people in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope more people can come to realize that you actually learn more about yourself and others through tuff times, and learn to appreciate the small things and big things in life!! You cant have good without bad, comfort without pain, or joy without sorrow... It just wont work lol
Thanks for this post :)