Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Related

New series on WB, apparently from the same team which came up with 2 of my other fav series, Friends and S and the City.. Saw 15 mins of it, its about 4 sisters in New York and their general life.. First impression was - 4 sisters !! Whoa! 2 sisters I thought were a little too much, can you imagine a house with 4 women plus say 1 for their mum (stepmum in this case) ? Not that they are all living together or anything, but imagine growing up in a house like that! Wow... Thats all that kept playing in my head...

Well, I guess i got sidetracked by that thought which overtook that critique who was supposedly figuring out if this series was worth pursuing (I pursue all good TV shows with zest huhahaha) But I did catch the general drift of the show which was all about bonding, adjusting and a big pinch of New York thrown in.. Well, in a nutshell, a total chick flick (or is it a chick show ? hmmm)

Anyways, got me thinking of bonding in real life which made me realize something. The actual number of people I can actually relate to now a days is such a dwindling number! Its actually amazing.. Well.. maybe not that surprising given how even number of friends I have, has become such a dwindling number :p

But its amazing, really because thru this quirky life of mine, I feel i am dropping more people than gathering. You know what I mean, you start out in school and collect people, like friends.. Then you make some new ones, old ones get forgotten, then you drop some you don't want to be friends with anymore.. Then there are some you start as being friends with but then you kinda demote them to just people you know and then of course works the other way too, but thats a totally different issue altohether..(and i digress as usual)

But seriously, as you grow older, this kitty you have shrinks and shrinks.. Plus you know how we evolve even on a daily basis.. What you thought 5 years ago was totally cool is not even thinkable now, what you are even doing today was so not done 2 years ago, you get the drift ? So basically, what I am saying is that there were always this set of people who were growing with you so that makes it easier growing old knowing that this person if not today but tomm will/may feel the same.. But imagine you don't have that comfort factor at all? I mean, how many people off hand would you say you will meet who are at exactly the same place or at least similiar who feel the same things you do ??

Its actually a scary thought! I mean, what if I wake up tomm and find that I have friends so to speak but nobody I can actually relate to !!?? Whoa! Thats huge, I am not even sure what I will do then.. What do you do ? Do you really assume that the person or people you relate to today will exist in your life tomm ? Or that you will somewhere somehow find people you can relate to?
I don't know, thats quite presumptious I would say..

No comments: