Friday, August 04, 2006

Procrastination is my current theme..

Put it off for later is my anthem.. Days are flowing by, my to-do list is mounting by the day..

How much did I plan to do during my time off, plenty. How much have I done, hardly!

More than anything else, I promised myself I will change my blog template. Even started doing it but blame HTML for not making this simpler! Tried to be smart and started fooling around with Div tags.. Promptly found out that my changes were working in Firefox but completely screwed up in IE. Swore never to touch existing templates again. I will search till I find a free template online if my friends are generous enuf to point me to one. If I don't get it, Hmmppf, I stay with dis one !

Have been making very very efficient use of Netflix I must say. There isn't a day when I am not watching a movie, wanted to write a few more reviews for the sweet people who take out time to drop by to read moi reviews! Where did I get with that? Nowhere, half written stuff lying in my drafts folder going nowhere.

I think all your inspiration dies out the moment you have time for it. Its like a no-win situation. You think you have no time to be inspired or write stuff but when you have all the time, no momentum, no muse..

Wanted to organize my mp3 player, started doing it, but realized its not really a simple task. I mean, the idea is straightforward of course. You want to classify songs per language, per genre, per movie, per singers/band. So in theory not that difficult at all. But if you knew me better you will also know that I am not organized by nature, I am random at best! So, the songs I listen to, the playlists I make are random. A vague fear gripped me when I made that first folder in my jukebox. What if I am in the mood to listen to only peppy numbers. Umm how am i gonna get peppy numbers out of the 20 odd folders that I am planning to make now.. And that thought had me mortified.. If you knew me, you will also know that I am the laziest person on the earth, to traverse thru 20 odd folders to make a playlist is not my idea of fun..

So in the end, here are a few of my folders...
2004
2005
NJ
Favs
Oldies
Angrezi
Random
........and many more such...

So, you see what a disaster that organizing activity was :p

Out of everything else, I think my main accomplishments would definitely include:

a. Dedication towards Yoga judging by how religiously I have been going for my classes.
b. Charmed - watching almost 3 hours of this series every day! I mean thank god, they made 8 seasons of it, means a lot of episodes to go around..

Ah.. Almost left out the best part.. I now have all the 4 seasons of 'Coupling'. The saving grace!

No comments: