Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Music

I miss music in my life....
I miss singing..I don't find myself singing as often as I used to.. I think its gone.. maybe forever...

I am not sure why, maybe I do.. maybe I don't want to face that just yet..

But in case I don't really get back what I lost, in some sense I want to leave a trace... a print..
Not sure how.. Right now, I wonder what my children will see me as..will they ever see that side of me.. maybe not..

If they ever come across this, I want to tell them that their mum loved music. A lot more than it may seem now.
She used to sing like a maniac. Sing so much that your grandmother had to shut her up because she was forever singing.
She and her brother used to fight so much because she would forever hog the bathroom as that was her most favourite place in the world where she would just sing an shower for hours!
She was the lunch singer in her office as her colleagues would make her sing during lunch much to the dislike of the fellow people around :)
She and her friend won the first ever 'antakshri' competetion held in her company.
When she used to visit this friend's place over weekends, they would ask her to sing all their favourite songs..
:-) There was even a time when she visited the same friend's parents in hyderabad and invited her for their wedding anniversary. Now, it was a well organized party and she sang on the stage with Uncle and they all loved it :)
She doesn't sing that much really now a days.. but she really used to love to..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it has to do with some of the choices you mentioned in your previous post ... but here's hoping you find your singing voice someday and the rhythm in your spirit

Ardra said...

music never really goes away rads...its always there...I say this becos i too have wondered and recently came back to it...
shall wait for u'r post when u say that u've begun singing again-
and mebbe someday I shall hear u singing :-)
ardra