Thursday, June 29, 2006

Down memory lane..

I don't know why I thought about this today morning, bang in the middle of getting a refill of my daily dose of caffeine! Hmm unless I was subconsciously counting the number of times I have a made a fool of myself, I dunno y :P

So anyways.. This was back in school and I was probably what 13 or 14..It was probably a saturday and some function at school coz I remember we were in civil dresses (yes, for the uninitiated thats the antonym for school uniforms :p, and something that is not done unless its your birthday or some school function day).

So this friend (who's become a celebrity and vot not in tollywood as a playback singer:) and myself are sitting in our usual spot on this so called stage area we used to have in the school playground. The stage is actually misleading, it was this huge area elevated so could be used as a stage but really supposed to be the basketball court! We used to sit there all our free time and gawk and senior boys :)) Yes yes, there was a time i was that silly :p

And our english ma'm passes by with this boy in tow. The boy is this little guy, extremely cute with a round cherub face and glasses. We probably estimated him to be around 8.. (little did we know!)

So anyways, we look at him, smile at the teacher and continue with our gawking excercise.. After a bit, she walks up to us and says - "Hello girls, I would like you to meet my son Sandeep, he's joining the school this year. And Sandeep, these are girls from my class Radhika and Lekha".
Well, he was damn cute and teeny tiny (in our defence) so we actually pulled his cheeks and say "Hi Sandeep" in chorus (you know the way silly girls chorus??!)

Ma'm is a little taken aback and has this bewildered expression on her face and sandeep by then is quite red, a lot like tomato I must say! I guess she didn't really know what to do or say so quite hastily beats a retreat.

We were quite at a loss of words and did not understand one bit of what had just happened. And like young people of that age promptly forgot all about it within the next 10 mins when we saw a good looking prefect walking by ...

Monday morning we are in the class and waiting for the teacher to come in..Well, she does and shez not alone.. She has someone with her and she says "Class, this is Sandeep, he is joining this class from today". !!@@~~??!!

Lekha and I actually ducked! I mean, could not have been faster!! Literally under the desk! We look at each other and horrified, mortified, speechless!

After about 10 secs, we surface and try to pretend we don't exist anymore.. Class goes on as usual.. Our neighbours are wondering what the hell happened. Bell rings and guess who are the ones to run out even faster than even before you can close the book!

I don't think we spoke to Sandeep till about 6 months from the episode (or even dared to look at him in the eye for that matter). We were so so horrified at the whole episode..The very thought we had pulled his cheek and spoke to him like that was such a horrifying thought! Ugghhhhhh!

No wonder Ma'm had that expression, I am sure she must have later taken him aside and told him to stay away from us :p

Ahh.. those were the days....(wistfully...)

1 comment:

Sandeep said...

Yeah... We're an adorable bunch. Can't really help it, you see...