Thursday, June 29, 2006

Post lunch tit bit

Songs in which I find the singers quite hilarious (Yes, I will start listing such things when I am bored and don't feel like working!)

1. Hariharan in Kuchi Kuchi from Bombay - An extremely seasoned singer but his initial foray into tamil songs I guess. He sounds really funny pronouncing some tamil words.
2. Adnan Sami in Boom Boom from Boyz - Yes I know he sounds and is adorable in other ways, but you have to agree he sounds really hilarious in this song..
3. Udit Narayan in that Kuluvali something song from Muthu (yes that Rajni flick in tam) - I have heard that for some reason this one's really famous in either japan or china.. Hmmm.. But seriously though, this one singer never ceases to amaze me. The fact that he has sung sooo many south indian songs is mind boggling, still is for that matter. I mean, with all the plethora of good singers available, they still go to him ? Note that I have lot of respect for him as a singer, he made the 80's and early 90's worthwhile.. But still.. Just listen to this song and you will understand why..
4. Chitra in Bhatke panchi from Main prem ki deewani hoon - Yes even her, despite the fact that she has one of the most melodious voice out there. She sounds unbelievably funny in this one..
5. Sadhna Sargam in Vennilave from Minsara Kanavu - Brilliant singer again but I guess can't really blame her, if I had to sing a song in oriya or chinese am sure I would sound equally (if not more) silly! But ARR has this knack of making people sing for him irrespective of the language.
6. Madhushree in Sandai Kozhi from Ayutha ezhuthu - Ok same reason as above I guess. Its a lovely song but I guess I am still a little eeks about her pronunciation and the lyrics of the song (Well, can't really say I get most of the tamil song lyrics for that matter!)
7. Bappi Lahiri and Alisha in Tarzan title track (old movie Tarzan) - This one is too funny man! Plus picturization of people in skimpy lion (loin?) cloth! O god! Thank god the 80's went by fast....
8. Himesh Reshamiya in all his songs - Ok, I guess I am past the stage where I used to think he sounds funny, now I only think that he sounds extremely annoying! Someone should really sock him!

1 comment:

Anu Russell said...

hahah! I cannot understand why make singers suffer through partially learning the language and millions suffer listening to them sing. I really do not understand how these songs get popular...Maybe ARR is trying to globalize tamil music...

but Himesh is on another planet...somehow i find all his songs catchy but really funny...infact everytime we go to a desi club, we stop dancing as a protest against Himesh's nasal crooning!