Monday, June 26, 2006

Repressive

I seem to have a high threshold of tolerance..

An ex BF said to me a few days ago that he does not remember me ever fighting with him and I wonder really ? In fact he says he does not remember me fighting with anybody for that matter! (I really think he's hitting premature Alzeihmer's :p, sorry bittu!)

That is a little too much to take.. I know for sure that I do have a short temper and I tend to scream a lot. But I guess thats discounted when it comes to really fighting. But i do remember a lot of fights and screaming in a previous relationship.. But maybe a lot of that was repressive.. I don't know.

I am not sure how verbally and negatively expressive I am but I always considered myself a straightshooter who does not hesitate to say what I feel. But turns out not true :))

The alarming thing is that off late I have found a lot of instances to indicate the same. A high level of tolerance, a certain disregard for little things that irk (or even bigger things that irk)

I guess at most all I do is sulk and walk around all sullen instead of really getting it outta my system.. Repressive, ahem yes umm maybe :)

A lot of people including my mum would say its a good thing, at least makes me scream less :p

Ok, asked another guy frm past and he said "Well, you do fight but not excessively". I guess thats good news.. But its been quite a few years since I was with him so maybe I have changed hmmppff!

Is tolerance really a virtue ? Or is it just an overrated quality that we all think we should have in order to have peaceful relations ? I think its the latter. Really think about it, can anyone really honestly say "Oh nothing ever fazes me". I don't think so. We are all picky, we all have set ideas of Do's and Don'ts , Have's and Have not's. And when we see or feel something contradictory to what we like/are used to - we do tend to sulk..

How much and how long is subjective tho'...Which also makes me wonder, even if we do fight, its to what purpose ? I remember saying the same thing to somebody not too long ago. I actually said - "I don't want to fight with you, whats the point ??"

Maybe thats a reflection of what I have evolved into.. Someone who doesnt see any point in fighting.. Whoa..back up for a sec.. Is that really what I wanna be ? Its a peaceful way of life I am sure. But thats either really repressed or really cynical ..

I guess in the end it all boils down to whether you really think your saying or not saying anything would really really impact a relationship. I believe that if a relationship or association is strong enough, it should give you that confidence to be yourself and say whatever you may want to, good or bad.
If you find yourself having to tell yourself its not worth saying anything about or bringing up, you may want to re-think.....

No comments: